Members of the community are invited to raise funds to support Le Nichoir in the care and rehabilitation of wild birds. Two interesting ways to do so are by creating a giving page on the Internet or by organizing a fundraising event or activity.
CREATE A GIVING PAGE
One easy way to encourage family and friends to support Le Nichoir is to create a Giving Page, your own personalized fundraising site on the Internet.
Through CanadaHelps.org, a registered charity with which Le Nichoir is affiliated, you can create a Giving Page to help support a fundraising event or to honour family milestones like birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and weddings. Once you have set up your Giving Page, CanadaHelps.org will give you a custom URL to take donors there. You can then send messages to friends, family, and supporters, forwarding to them the link to your Giving Page. You can also link your Giving Page to your website, blog page, or signature file.
For information about how to set up a Giving Page.
ORGANIZE A FUNDRAISING EVENT
The possibilities for a fundraising event in support of Le Nichoir are endless! How about:
- holding a garage sale, a bake sale, a plant sale, a craft sale (particularly one with a bird theme)
- hosting a wine and cheese, a theme dinner, a corn roast, a wine-tasting, a barbecue, a michoui
- organizing a fashion show, a dance, a karaoke evening, a quiz night, an auction, a car wash, a used book fair, a concert
setting up a sponsored run, walk, swim, or skate, golf tourney, tennis challenge, bowling night
- bringing together toy-boat hobbyists for a race or regatta
- creating a line of loonies destined for Le Nichoir. (A foot of loonies equals $11; a mile would constitute $60,730.)
And if you have ideas of your own for an interesting fundraising event, we would love to hear them. Just give us a call at 450 458 2809 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in organizing an event to support Le Nichoir, we can help with
- creation of a personalized donation page for your event
- information about Le Nichoir and promotional material
- charitable tax receipts for donations over $20.
THANK YOU MON AMI
We would like to thank Mon Ami Food and Accessories for their long-time support of Le Nichoir. The staff at the store has gone out of their way on many occasions to promote events and fundraising activities organized by the Centre.
In addition, the store has been generously offering nail clippings almost every Sunday for a $5 donation (per animal). All the money raised is donated to local animal welfare organizations including Le Nichoir.
“Mon Ami appreciates the efforts that animal rescue groups do and the many volunteers working to help animals in need. Mon Ami is proud to volunteer our time to help raise money to support these wonderful groups. Money raised goes towards Le Nichoir, Animatch and Kiko Dog Rescue” Chris LeRoyer, Mon Ami Food and Accessories owner.
To learn more about the nail clipping fundraiser visit the Mon Ami website at www.mon-ami.ca