Volunteers are the very heart of Le Nichoir and always have been. Simply put, without volunteers, we could not be able to save birds. The time given by volunteers represents the hope of health and freedom to injured and orphaned birds.
Volunteers perform many tasks at Le Nichoir, choosing the type of work that interests them. No experience is needed: training and experience are obtained on the job.
Some of the work done by volunteers:
- Cleaning of bird cages, enclosures, and equipment
- General housekeeping of ‘The Barn’
- Food preparation
- Bird care (e.g., washing, feeding)
- Maintenance of grounds and garden
- Light construction and repairs
- Pickup of food, donations, supplies
- Transport of birds from the SPCA or elsewhere to Le Nichoir, or to specialists as needed
- Fund-raising activities
- Reception of visitors
- Office duties.
Junior volunteers (aged 12 to 16) are also welcome. They help with many activities at Le Nichoir, always working directly under the supervision of an experienced adult volunteer or staff member. Junior volunteers do not handle birds.
If you have some free time and would like to help at Le Nichoir, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 450 458 2809.