Rigaud Mountain stands in an area that is considered the warmest in Quebec. It’s known as one of the richest birdwatching areas in Quebec with over 250 species visiting the mountain and 150 of these actually nesting on the mountain.
Throughout the month of May, most species are returning to their breeding sites and many can be seen performing their courtship rituals to impress the females.
The Club ornithologique Vaudreuil-Soulanges, Le Nichoir and the Sentiers de L’escapade have come together to offer you a series of activities to help you discover the richness of the Rigaud Mountain and the birds that inhabit it.
- Build a birdhouse – May 4 – Presented by Le Nichoir
- Birdwatching during the spring nesting period – May 11 – Presented by Club ornithologique Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- Songs and sounds – May 18 – Presented by Le Nichoir
- Migration – May 21 – Presented by Le Nichoir
- The birds of our backyards – May 30 – Presented by Club ornithologique Vaudreuil-Soulanges