A precious pleasure associated with working at Le Nichoir is interacting with our extended family of supportive friends. Be they past or present employees, volunteers or donors, professional contacts or fans of what we do, they are an exceptional group of people: caring, thoughtful, fun and always interesting.
For the past 18 months, COVID-19 has limited our ability to organize in-person events and has made it difficult to connect with our Le Nichoir friends as we used to. Whether it was to visit the Centre, attend an event or just to drop by for a quick hello, these regular interactions were very important to us.
The Le Birdie golf tournament on September 27th gave the board and staff the opportunity to hold an in-person event that, being outdoors, respected the government rules. It sold-out, raising $55,000 for Le Nichoir’s future operations! Equally important was the long missed opportunity it provided to reconnect with some of you and enjoy your company again.
In keeping with Le Nichoir tradition, Le Birdie was truly a community effort. Many people and companies contributed:
- Generous local chefs offered golfers on the course delicious food and tasty drinks.
- Corporate sponsors and ambassadors provided financial support for the event on many levels.
- The golfers gathered their foursomes and came out to have a great day.
- Our volunteers ensured the event ran smoothly.
- Regional merchants and businesses kindly donated gifts for the silent auction and bird trivia contest.
- The Whitlock Golf and Country Club’s skill and experience made it all look so easy.
Le Birdie was an awesome demonstration of how a community can pull together for this cause that so many of us hold close to our hearts: helping wild birds. It was also a lot of fun and long overdue!